Haulage and Commercial Drivers Partner Pack
This page was last updated on 12 September 2019.
UK hauliers and commercial drivers operating in EU countries will require new paperwork following Brexit if the UK leaves without a deal.
While we will work in an energetic and determined way to ensure we leave with a deal, if that proves impossible we will have to leave with no deal. We are making the necessary preparations to ensure we are prepared for all scenarios.
Hauliers and commercial drivers can take a number actions now to ensure they are prepared.
How can you help?
We have developed several assets you can share with customers, employees or members. These can be used in areas used by hauliers, online, in newsletters, on social media, etc.
More assets will be added in due course.
- Fact Sheet: Background information on actions hauliers need to take to prepare for a no deal
- Long and short copy: Copy you can use on your digital, print and social media channels
- Q&A: Answers to potential queries you may receive from your audience
- Haulier Reference Guide: An extensive guide to ensure that hauliers have the right information they need to cross the border and operate in the EU in a no-deal Brexit
- Border Readiness Leaflet
- Border Readiness Poster A4 size
- Border Readiness Poster A3 size
Association of British Insurers (ABI) Green Card advice
You can view and download official ABI advice to drivers regarding motor insurance Green Cards here
You can view official HM Passport Office advice regarding passport validity changes in the event of a no deal Brexit here.
Tool to check you have enough time left on your UK passport
EU Customs Guidance
Helpful guidance (in English) from EU member states when transporting cargo through their ports.
This page is being updated with the most up to date information.