Website JLC Solutions
Leading specialist recruitment agency for supply chain and logistics jobs
Independent family owned European market leading shoe retailer, with over 100 stores in the UK, an e-commerce presence and 3,800 stores in 26 countries, employing over 32,000 people.
Reporting to the Finance Director, to be responsible on site for ensuring the effective operation of a contracted out distribution centre and separate contracted out transport function to deliver a sustained efficient, timely and cost effective service
– Liaise with 3PLs and all stakeholders -HO staff, Buyers, Store Managers, senior staff and colleagues etc
– Review progress on achievement of objectives and address areas of poor progress and action adjustment.
– Monitor the DC and logistics performance to ensure an efficient, effective and cost effective operation
– Ensure a quality service is delivered to the business and its customers.
– Highlight issues of concern in service or processes and work with the 3PLs to ensure timely & sustained resolution.
– Build and maintain strong working relationships with two 3PL providers optimising and driving efficiencies
– Monitor adherence to SLAs & KPIs by 3PL providers and manage compliance issues
– Seek productivity improvements and efficiency savings and partner with 3PLs for implementation
– Be the point of contact for retail stores for delivery issues, monitoring and resolving them
– Prepare reports on logistics performance as required
– Check and validate invoices relating to 3PL logistics performance and resolve discrepancies .
– Oversee 3PL provider’s recruitment and training of DC staff
– Ensure all personnel have the necessary skills and abilities to ensure business continuity.
– Support third party staff in working with and using the company’s in house WMS
– Ensure accurate records are maintained of all distribution centre activities
– In conjunction with 3PL plan and co-ordinate stock counts
– Review and investigate any significant stock discrepancies
– Emergency/Business Continuity Planning
– Ensure a disaster recovery plan for distribution and logistics is in place and reviewed on a regular basis
– Develop plans to accommodate the changing needs of the business
– Ensure adherence and compliance to Health and Safety legislation and company and 3PL procedures.
– Develop and agree objectives for the DC and logistics functions to enable expansion plans to be delivered and corporate objectives to be met
– Hands on experienced logistics manager
– Excellent negotiating and influencing skills and commercially driven
– Effective team member both as a leader and team participant.
– Possess first class communication skills to interact at all levels
– Be able to manage and deal with complex and conflicting issues
– Effective organisational and prioritisation skills
– Proactive with a can-do attitude and ability to use own initiative
– Strong IT skills and excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
– Extensive logistic management experience gained in a fast paced retail setting
– Interrogating and interpreting information systems producing reports for management use
– Introducing service improvements to meet company needs
-Developing and implementing business plans
– WMS experience
Please note that we endeavour to reply to all applications but this is not always possible owing to the large number of applications we receive. If you have not heard from us within 28 days of your application, you should assume your application has been unsuccessful
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com