Website JLC Solutions Leading Recruiter of Logstics and Supply Chain
Leading privately owned freight forwarder
Founded 40 years ago, leading privately owned freight forwarder providing import and export logistics to leading British and international brands. The company’s technology offers flexible supply chain solutions which integrate seamlessly with customer ERP systems, providing total visibility and absolute control from source to end-user.
Liaising with customers, suppliers and transport companies to handle all elements of Seafreight Exports for both FCL and LCL shipments and ensuring all forms of haulage, sea, road, rail and air for ADR and IMDG shipments are moved to customer specifications, on time with all the necessary customs and legal documentation.
- Maintain appropriate records.
- Develop and build relationships to ensure a high level of customer service is provided to clients.Arrange haulage with shipping line/hauliers and make reservations
- All freight is invoiced and checked prior to dispatch.
- Ensure pre-alert documents are on hand as required.
- Requests and queries are resolved and actioned quickly and efficiently.
- Resolving any customer service issues
- Communication with overseas agents, customers and suppliers is clear precise and effective to ensure that the freight is moved as per customer requirements.
- Use customer ERP and SAP systems as and when required.
- Accurate & timely reporting/escalation to department manager.
- Raising and producing all Seafreight Export Documentation
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in freight forwarding is essential
- Export experience involving shipments to global destinations and working with clear operating procedures.
- Familiarity with the use of all forms of haulage, sea, road, rail and air for ADR and IMDG shipments.
- Experience of managing client/customer relations with strong verbal and written communication.
- International experience and exposure plus the ability to work with a global network of agents, suppliers, shipping lines, hauliers and rail and airlines in other countries.
- Experience of working in a high pressure environment
- Ability to be calm under pressure and resolve problems and challenges efficiently.
- Ability to prioritise a large number of tasks to ensure accuracy, and deliver results with great attention to detail and a high sense of urgency.
Please do not apply if you do not have at least 1 year’s experience of seafreight, your application will not be considered
Please note that we endeavour to reply to all applications received but this is not always possible owing to the large number of applications we receive. If you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, you should assume your application has been unsuccessful
To apply for this job please visit jlc-solutions.co.uk.