Website JLC Solutions
Leading specialist recruitment agency for supply chain and logistics jobs
A global company, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses, with major international clients and a developing on line offering. Their products are sold in over 100 countries from China to Europe, from Africa to the Americas.
This is a new role, reporting to the Senior Director, Operations Systems, to be responsible for the company’s IT, Global Inventory and Warehouse Management Systems, including JDA/Red Prairie, Warehouse control and automation systems and inventory management systems in EMEA.
To manage the implementation of JDA WMS and manage global Oracle EBS implementation of Inventory Management in EMEA Distribution Centres and support global company growth by participating in the planning and implementation of new warehouse systems
Global Travel will be required.
– Lead and manage IT teams in each of three DCs in EMEA to support global inventory and warehouse management applications
– Lead and coordinate global JDA WMS upgrade project for Tier 1 DCs in Budapest, Liege and Fareham
– Implement Oracle IM for company run and 3PL warehouse operations
– Analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing business processes, systems, and technologies used by the DCs
– Develop strategies for improving and/or leveraging the systems
– Consider business implications of the application of technology to the business environment
– Define the 7/24 support model for all warehouse systems within the broader Information Services team and partners
– Develop and maintain a long term strategy and roadmap for the evolution of warehouse systems and automation
– Develop planned upgrades, interdependencies, and vendor contacts
– Partner with Operations and Senior Distribution Management to improve operations using value add systems.
– Maintain a line of sight to business initiatives requiring strategic systems planning.
– Provide Local or Regional input to Global Business System projects.
– Manage the standard global release cycle, including analysis, design, test, implementation, support and documentation.
– Facilitate cooperation and knowledge sharing with end users and other Business Analysts to ensure a global system
– Communicate and apply project standards.
– Consistently deliver high-quality services to the logistics user community.
– Plan and lead testing, implementation, training, support and documentation activities for local projects
– Assist developers, internal and external, through provision of functional specifications and technical walk through
– Provide reporting to project management on Project progress and issues
– Develop and implement the quality management system and maintain its quality and effectiveness
– Communicate to the organisation the importance of meeting customer as well as statutory and regulatory requirements
– Maintain extensive contact with employees and external business partners and vendors.
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills, able to communicate effectively with senior management
– Strong problem solving abilities
– Ability to build stakeholder relationships
– Experience of managing and executing large and smaller scale warehouse management systems projects.
– Experience managing large/complex global Warehouse Management projects and teams
– Be familiar with Red Prairie/JDA, Warehouse Control & Automation Systems & Oracle Inventory Management
– Strong team management experience with ability to develop a high performing team
– Excellent project management methodology skills
– Proactive, highly self-motivated, self-directed and attentive to detail.
– Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
– Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
– Recommend appropriate solutions.
– Manufacturing & Packaging knowledge and experience
– Experience with Baan, Oracle EBS, or other equivalent ERP systems
– Prior experience in a related management and technology position
– Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
– BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
– Manage change
– 5-8 years’ experience in Technology Leadership/Management positions supporting business process and systems related to distribution and Warehouse Management
The successful candidate will have experience of IT management and operations and large scale, warehouse management operations and system implementations (preferably JDA) with experience of operating at a strategic level on a global or at least European scale.
Please note that we endeavour to reply to all applications received but this is not always possible owing to the large number of applications we receive. If you have not heard from us within 28 days of your application, you should assume your application has been unsuccessful
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com