Website JLC Solutions
Leading specialist recruitment agency for supply chain and logistics jobs
An independent, specialist logistics and global supply chain management company, providing innovative logistics, e-commerce and supply chain management services since 1988. A global logistics, freight forwarding & supply chain specialist working across a broad range of industry sectors to give customers a personalised solution built from a robust and proven set of core services, including Warehousing and fulfilment, Global transportation, freight forwarding and supply chain and support management
Reporting to the Senior Management Team and working closely with the Group IT Team and end users of in house applications, to be responsible for specification and configuration of TMS and Optimisation system enhancements, proactively identifying opportunities to use functionality to better support business processes, working with management and end-users to support new and existing applications and reports.
– Analyse and evaluate the software and systems that the business utilises and implement improvements;
– Use best practices and knowledge of internal and external business issues to improve internal applications;
– Enhance existing applications to support new automation and business requirements;
– Write reports, query data, and develop existing procedures;
-Test system upgrades, support packages, disaster recovery scenarios
-Follow company procedures to help create and maintain relevant documentation.
– Develop existing programs by analysing and identifying areas for modification;
– Integrate existing software products and work on ensuring incompatible platforms come together;
– Create technical specifications and test plans;
– Write operational and process flow documentation;
– Maintain systems by monitoring and correcting software defects;
– Work closely with employees and software vendors to ensure continuous development;
– Consult colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems and with a view to writing or modifying current operating practices;
– Investigate new technologies;
-Continually update technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications;
– Provide day-to-day technical and functional assistance to end users;.
Please note that we endeavour to reply to all applications received but this is not always possible owing to the large number of applications we receive.
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of your application, you should assume your application has been unsuccessful
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org