Website JLC Solutions
Award winning recruiter
Established, respected privately owned warehouse and distribution company providing UK and European palletised freight distribution and worldwide air freight and cargo services with established network partners and major pallet network, experiencing rapid growth
Reporting to the Assistant Operations Manager to work within the Transport Operations Team to assist and support with all aspects of the transport operation, running a transport operation for 30 vehicles, ensuring the operations run to plan.
– Dealing with breakdowns, delays and keeping customers and drivers informed.
– Vehicle utilisation
– Calling Agencies for replacement drivers for sickness
– Compliance of both drivers and vehicles
– All office related tasks and General administration
– Tacho infringements, accident and incident reporting
-Daily dealing with defects
-Swapping trucks if inspections or service is required
– Pre-briefing and de-briefing drivers
– Liaising with drivers on the road about collection and delivery issues.
-Maintain information relating to mileage, drivers hours etc for KPI reports
-Health & safety and Transport legislation compliance
– Commercial and financial awareness, ensuring vehicle earning are greater than vehicle costs to achieve a healthy margin
.- Excellent time management.
– Understanding of driver’s hours.
– Strong interpersonal and people management skills.
– Team worker but also have ability to work on own initiative
– Have a good understanding of Drivers hours
– Must have experience of working in a fast paced transport office
– Quick thinker who can make changes to runs to cover breakdowns or delays
– Attention to detail
– Good communicator
– Problem solver
– Understanding of Tacho rules and drivers hours
– Excellent command of the English language and communication skills, both written and verbal.
– Good geographical knowledge.
– Highly organised, strong and influential communicator.
– Knowledge of UK logistics
– Organised, able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
– Computer literate, emails, excel, various other programs like tachomaster and vehicle trackers
NB Must have at least 3 years transport experience of working in a busy transport office and planning collection and delivery activities.
Please do not apply if you do not have this experience. Your application will not be considered
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding successful company offering excellent career prospects
Hours of work and benefits
-Monday – Friday, 10:00 – 20:00 (50 Hours per Week)
-20 day Holiday plus bank holidays
Please note that we endeavour to reply to all applications received but this is not always possible owing to the large number of applications we receive.
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of your application, you should assume your application has been unsuccessful
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com