Website Privately owned warehouse and distribution company
Based in the heart of the UK
Established, respected privately owned warehouse and distribution company providing UK and European palletised freight distribution and worldwide air freight and cargo services with established network partners and major pallet network
To assist and support the Operations Team with all aspects of the transport operation
Night Shift 18.00 – 04.00 Monday to Friday
– Maintain constant communication via face to face, telephone and through messaging devices with drivers and other colleagues
– Pre-brief and de-brief drivers
– Liaise with drivers on the road over collection and delivery issues.
– Provide support for the planners
– Plan the Pallex local work, training will be given
– Record collection/delivery status and discrepancies in systems and escalate where appropriate.
– Respond to operational KPIs in order to drive efficiency in the Operation.
– Provide a positive and encouraging atmosphere at all times to ensure all staff work to the best of their abilities.
– Ensure vehicle earnings are greater than vehicle costs to achieve a healthy margin.
– Support, comply and ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental regulations, the company handbook, quality standards and all other company policies and procedures
– Experience of working in a busy transport operation and planning collection and delivery activities is advantageous
– Good level of IT literacy.
– Adaptable and able to think on your feet.
– Ability to work under pressure
– Ability to question, challenge and improve upon existing processes
– Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
– Strong Interpersonal and people management skills
– Resilience with ability to keep calm under pressure and continue to follow the correct processes even under difficult circumstances
– Excellent time management skills
– Excellent commercial / financial awareness
– Excellent command of the English language including communication skills, written and verbal
– Must have good telephone manner
Please note that we endeavour to reply to all applications received but this is not always possible owing to the large number of applications we receive. If you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, you should assume your application has been unsuccessful
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com