Personal data is processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This Notice explains how JLC Solutions collects and uses personal data.
The purposes for which we process personal data
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis to collect personal data for the purposes of obtaining employment for candidates with appropriate employers and for development activities.
Where does JLC Solutions get personal data from?
We do not collect “sensitive personal data” as described under the DPA and “special categories of data” as described under the GDPR, such as racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or other beliefs, physical or mental health or other conditions and information concerning any criminal offences or criminal proceedings.
We obtain personal data from the following sources:
- CVs containing personal data from candidates applying for vacancies or from Job Boards to which they have subscribed or from candidates who request their details to be added to our database or from LinkedIn connections.
- Email addresses are obtained from CVs, via networking, connections through Linked In and press releases and other publications and from clients and potential clients.
- Client contact details are supplied by clients who ask JLC Solutions to help them with their recruitment.
- No data is shared without consent and JLC Solutions does not send unsolicited CVs to clients.
The data we may process includes:
- Title and name
- Copy of suitable ID of Valid right to work. , e.g passport or visa
- Identity of the work-seeker, such as passport, driving licence, birth certificate
- Education records
- Contact information (name, address, telephone, email,)
- Business details including positions, organisation, professional memberships and qualifications
- Career highlights and other lifetime achievements
- Outside interests and membership of groups
- Information about your salary
Keeping your data up to date
We will update the data we hold on you from time to time. For example, if you provide us with new contact details or change your details, we will respond to your request for your data to be updated.
Who can see your data?
Your data is held securely by JLC Solutions and is not seen by any other party, other than clients to whom we have sent a CV and personal profile with your permission when applying for a job vacancy.
We do not sell or share your data to third parties for their commercial purposes.
We will from time to time communicate by email, post or telephone to pursue the purposes mentioned above. Data subjects have the right to be erased from our database and newsletters. If you decide that you no longer wish to receive communication from JLC Solutions, please be aware we still need to retain a minimal amount of personal data so that we can keep a record that you have asked us not to contact you.
Sharing data involving other countries.
Sometimes to achieve the purposes for which we are processing personal data we may need to share your personal data with other organisations based within the European Union or if outside the European Union based in countries that have comparable levels of protection. When it is necessary to share your data with organisations outside of the European Union, we will endeavour to ensure that there are appropriate safeguards in place.
Generally JLC Solutions will retain personal data until the individual asks us to remove it from our records but normally for no longer than 4 years. As a data subject under GDPR you have the right to:
- Withdraw consent where that is the legal basis of our processing
- Access your personal data that we process
- Rectify inaccuracies in personal data that we hold about you
- Be forgotten, i.e your details to be removed from systems that we use to process your personal data.
- Obtain a copy of your data in a commonly used electronic form
- Object to certain processing of your personal data by us
Our cookies help
- Tell us how people reached this site (e.g. from a search engine)
- Make our website work as you’d expect and continuously improve our website for you
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- The Session Cookies are cleared as soon as your browsing session is completed, you have logged off, or navigated to another website.
- Collect any personal information about you
- Collect any sensitive information
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
Terry Abra, the owner of JLC Solutions is the Data Controller for personal data that we process and will be happy to answer any queries you may have concerning the way JLC Solutions processes personal data.
He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01536 465957. Our postal address is 3 Symington Way, Market Harborough, LE16 7XA.
Our data controller registration number provided by the Information Commissioner’s Office is Z1138532.Please see https://ico.org.uk for further information on the above rights. You have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office about the way in which we process your personal data. Please see https://ico.org.uk.